It is always advisable to protect personal computers from any threats like malware, virus, loss of personal information, etc. Trojan horses, spyware, worms and viruses are the threats that destroy personal computers. Whenever a person is online, he or she exposes the computer to malevolent virus that affects the entire system. In today’s world, almost everyone is online, exchanging and downloading files or engaged in other works as internet banking, online payment, sending mails, etc. The threats can lead to loss of data like passwords, card details along with damaging the computer system due to the viruses. Thus, it is necessary to protect all personal computers from intruders.
• Install and update the best selling antivirus software: - Antivirus software helps in preventing any malicious activity done to the computer. It helps in deleting any detected virus permanently from the computer. So install antivirus software and update it regularly in order to keep the computer safe. Nowadays, great antivirus software automatically get updated.
• Avoid opening any email attachments which are not expected: - Many a times viruses are attached to emails that spread all through the computer system the moment those email attachments are opened. So if a person does not expect any email attachment, then it is advisable that he or she does not open it at all.
• Use a firewall and keep it open: - A firewall protects computers against hackers and alerts the users if any virus tries to get attached to the computers. For single computers, software firewalls are recommended, while for multiple ones, hardware routers are recommended that provide firewall protection. A firewall will help to block worms, hackers and viruses while downloading any harmful files and programs to the computers.
• Use pop-up blocker while browsing: - Pop-up windows are little windows for browsing that emerge on top of the viewed website. They sometimes contain various unsafe codes and malicious viruses. So, usage of a pop-up blocker helps to prevent these windows from appearing.
• Update the Operating System: - Computer operating systems should be regularly updated to solve all security problems. Up-to-date operating systems will help in protecting personal computers from any threats.
• Turn off computer after every use: - If computers are always on, then they are more susceptible to threats. Nowadays, almost most everyone keeps the system on because of the availability of good internet connections. Keeping the computer system off will stop any connection of the attackers like spyware with the computer systems.
Thus, a person should always protect yourself from online identity theft credit card data breach and hacking whenever he or she is accessing the internet from the system. Any malicious code can be used by professional hackers to get entry to the computer’s resources leading to virus infection and loss of personal or professional data. So, every user must invest in steady and robust computer antivirus software for computer viruses protection apart from following the above keys to protect the computer system.